Today’s world is a digital world and we all are using someone technology. So it is a very important for everyone to make secure your computer from viruses and worms as many attackers are always trying to break your computer securities and leak or damage your data. Ransomware is a big example for us. Many people are confused in virus attack and warm attack and don’t know the difference between virus and worm . We are trying to explain the difference between Virus and worm attack.
A computer virus is a program or script which designed for damage program & files from your computer. A Virus does not infect your computer unless you execute virus file/program manually. So be aware and alert from Virus and do not open unknown file or application. Some viruses are identified (Codered, Nimba, Sircam, Melisa, Ripper, MDMA, Concept, One_Half) you can protect your computer against viruses.
- Use always license Antivirus
- Do not download files and program from unknown sources from the internet.
- Do not open attachment from unknown address or suspicious mail.
- Do always scan USB or external Devices
- Scan your computer Antivirus on regular basis.
A computer worm also like a virus but is an independent program rather than other hidden program and its replicate automatically that able to make much copy of your data without human interaction. It does work by exploiting security leak or policy imperfections in the application or operating systems, such as the automatic file sending and receiving features dos enable on many computers.
A worm does replicate itself very quickly from a single copy of your data and can slow down your network traffic or delete your data on a system. It’s can be also used to send spam traffic from your network and mount Denial of Service (DoS) attacks. You can secure your computer against warm attack.
- Up-to-date your windows patches and application updates.
- Install anti-malware software
- Use Windows firewall and block external or unnecessary access.
- Do not open unknown social media or email attachment
You Must Also Read